Why Choose Osteopathy?
- We treat the whole person. We take a global view of the body and look at it from many different perspectives including cranial, muscular, fascial, skeletal and visceral. The role of the emotions is also included.
- We seek to find the source of the problem to attenuate or eliminate the dysfunction that is preventing the body from healing itself and finding a proper equilibrium.
- We use a variety of techniques to ease pain, diminishing the intensity, frequency, duration and often eliminating it completely.
- Osteopathic treatment boosts your immune system to aid your general health.
- Early intervention can help avoid problems in later life.
- Osteopathy and exercise combined helps improve your posture.
Who do we treat?
We treat all ages from newborns to the elderly.
What conditions do we treat?
We treat a wide variety of conditions.
How many treatments will I need?
Each person varies depending on how long they have had their condition, their lifestyle factors and general health. You are reassessed at every visit and your treatment plan is tailored to meet your individual needs.
Treatments are normally spread apart by at least one week.
How long does a treatment take?
Consultations are booked for 50 mins.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your 1st scheduled appointment time to fill out a patient health questionnaire. Alternatively you can download a copy of the form, fill it in and bring it to your 1st appointment.
Do I need a referral from my GP?
You do not need a referral from your family doctor to see your osteopathic practitioner. Please be aware however that some insurance companies may require you to have your doctor’s referral if you want your osteopathic treatment to be covered by them. Please check your individual policy for details.
What age is it safe to have osteopathic treatment?
Because we use such gentle but powerful techniques we can treat newborns right through to the elderly.
Are you covered by insurance or MSPs?
Osteopathic treatment is covered by most major insurance companies. Please check your policy plan to see if osteopathy is included.
Osteopathy is not currently covered by MSPs in British Columbia.
If you would like to know how osteopathy could help you, please contact us at 604 960 1171.